AYURVEDA NUTRITION & HERBALISM PROGRAM
@ the INSTITUTE FOR AYURVEDIC MEDICINE
This program gives the concept of food as medicine a scientific foundation as we explore how food is digested and how and why it can contribute to our health and healing or disease.
In this program, we will take a close look at the six tastes and the effects of each on our unique mental and physical constitution and on any digestive imbalances. The focus will be on improving digestion and correcting digestive challenges through appropriate foods and spices and healthy eating guidelines. Students will learn how to give dietary guidelines and teach others how to cook if necessary.
Knowing what to eat, how to prepare it and how to adjust food choices according to what the body needs, the changing seasons and our digestive ability can promote health and vitality. The herbal segment of this program explores digestive herbs and some classical formulations with regard to when and how to use them safely.
Learn how to make your own blends for herbal teas and other herbal products and create your own brands!
- Students will learn how to custom design formulas and teas, decoctions and capsules.
- Students will be able to recommend appropriate food choices according to the prakriti and vikruti, season age and digestive strength of clients.
- Students will be able to guide clients with safe ways of fasting/cleansing when appropriate.
- Students will be able to identify Herbs and spices based on their actions and energetics specifically identifying the herbs that increase digestive fire and remove toxins.
- Students will be able to teach and support their clients with proper dietary guidelines.
- Students will know how to teach cooking classes, educating about spices and wholesome foods.
- Students will know how to formulate Herbal Teas and herbal Spice mixes to improve digestive function and immunity.
This program is taught both in person and on Zoom
COST: $2000 + $500 Supply Fee. Click here to ENROLL
Copyright 2011-2022 The Sanctuary Wellness Center & Yoga Studio. All Rights Reserved.
Ayurveda @ The Sanctuary Wellness Center & Yoga Studio 505 W 1st Street, Tustin. CA 92780
You will be redirected to our school website at :
for this link